Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:13:31 PM |
Hey guys, so I'm hearing more and more about the site freezing up when you're browsing videos. We've been looking into it in the office, but no one can duplicate the problem. So, if you could please, it would be nice to have you tell me a few things about what's happening to you.
- Things that will help are the time you're checking the site when this happens (what time zone too), if it's happening every time you come to the site, say that too.
- What were you doing? Watching a video, picture, flash game, making a comment?
Were you signed in or is it just when you come to the site to check out what's up?
- If you know what version of flash you're using that would help us out too. In order to find that just right click a video that's in the player and click the bottom option, which should say "About Flash - (your version number)....", it will take you to their site where you can copy and paste the version.
- Do you have a bunch of tabs or other pages open when this happens? Specifically, do you have other pages open with flash videos or players in them?
- What browser and version number are you using. This one is very important.
- Do you use browser addons such as adblock? The new player uses google analytics to provide better usage info. I could see an addon blocking this call, resulting in a frozen player.
Feel free to list anything else that may pop into your head that could be related.
Please frame responses as such:
Time of Freeze:
Activity at Time of Freeze:
Browser addons installed:
We know it's happening, but we can't see it from our end, so the more you tell us the quicker we can fix it.
Thanks everyone. Sorry for the frustrations this is causing. I know how it feels.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:03:53 PM |
Don't fear view count counters. The count might be a little messed up today, but we're going to get that sucker fixed soon. We just haven't had time yet.
So don't go panicking and running around with your arms flailing through the air. It's all OK. You aren't the only one on the site.
Monday, July 16, 2012 11:57:06 AM |
So after all that fun of last week we decided to swap out to a working video player this time.
It seems to be working a little better for me that the old one.
How about for everyone else?
If you run into any problems that we haven't worked out let me know.
And again, if you're interested in beta testing for our up coming changes please let me know.
Thanks to everyone that got back to me so quickly, too.
Want To Help Us Out?
Friday, July 13, 2012 10:07:33 AM |
Hey guys and girls,
As you probably noticed we've been making a few changes here and there, to be totally honest, it's all part of a bigger move that will be happening in the near future. But as you can tell, there are some bugs to be worked out here and there.
So I'm here to see if a few of you would like to help us in the beta testing stage.
You'll get sweet behind the scenes (behind the code?) access to our new changes and you can be the first to let us know what you like or dislike about what's going on.
If you feel like you could be a help (droopy69, jthomp2, wamnutz, rumblenuts, I'm looking your way) please let me know with a reply here and I'll get in contact with you.
Thanks, now lets get this sucker running at peak form!
New Video Player
Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:32:53 AM |
Heads up, ya'll. We're switching to a new video player.
You may have seen the sneak peek yesterday, but that was only a test. It will be on here next week though.
So if you notice anything you like or dislike, let me know!